The Comprehensive 2022 Gastroenterology Update
Gastroenterology 2022 will be held online this year, using live streaming, electronic Q&A, and other remote learning technologies.
This program ensures participants are current with state-of-the-art GI strategies and clinical practices. It covers recent advances and their impact on clinical approaches and on patient outcomes. Updates, best practices, and new guidelines are presented by nationally recognized GI experts and master clinicians.
Practical, Results-Driven Education
Highlights of the 2022 program include:
- Updated guidelines for the use of biologics in IBD
- Therapeutic drug monitoring in IBD treatment
- Updated guidelines for treatment of C. difficile infection
- Managing GI complications of immunotherapy
- Improved management of IBS and pelvic floor disorders
- Management of refractory GERD
- Expanded genetic testing options to diagnose hereditary GI cancer syndromes
- Management of fatty liver disease in 2022
- Best practices for treatment of HCV
- How to improve your adenoma detection rate (ADR)
- Steps to ensure delivery of high-quality colonoscopic care
- Techniques to effectively control acute GI bleeding
- When FMT is indicated for treatment
- Impact of COVID on GI practice
- New strategies to treat common GI problems
- A comprehensive update of national guidelines
As new strategies, guidelines, and diagnostic and treatment options are presented, they are coupled with specific recommendations for incorporating these updates into your day-to-day work.
Education to Optimize Your Patient Outcomes
The evidence-based recommendations provided in this program cover:
- GI Complications of Immunotherapy
- Microscopic Colitis
- Hepatitis C
- Fatty Liver
- Barrett’s Esophagus
- Eosinophilic Esophagitis
- C. difficile Colitis
- Alcohol-Related Liver Disease
- Autoimmune Hepatitis
- Refractory GERD
- Pelvic Floor Disorders
- Acute Pancreatitis
- Chronic Pancreatitis
- Celiac Disease
- GI Bleeding
- High Risk for Colorectal Cancer
- Nutritional Disorders related to GI Conditions
Recent Advances and Innovations
Clinicians can rely on this program for education on:
- Biological therapies for IBD: how to choose which agent to start with? How to monitor during treatment? What is the role for therapeutic drug monitoring? When to switch? What new agents are now available?
- Managing refractory pouchitis
- GI complications of immunotherapy — a common and heterogeneous disorder: how to approach and treat effectively?
- Antiviral therapies for hepatitis C: how to select which regimen to use? Understanding long-term risks of therapy
- Eosinophilic esophagitis: how to decide between drug therapy and dietary therapy?
- The stool microbiome: understanding the science behind clinical applications
- Celiac disease: making sense of the multiple serologic tests—new therapeutic strategies are on the horizon
- Adenoma detection rates: critical to measure and how to incorporate strategies to increase your rate
This program also offers a glimpse into the future of gastroenterology with engaging lectures given by world-renowned experts on inspiring and cutting-edge topics.